Monday, October 27, 2014

Blogtober Day 19

Share a project you recently completed



I have two projects to share with you today!  The first is a room update and the second is a craft project I recently completed thanks to Pinterest.

First up is the room update.  If you recall from my home tour post, our living room was very outdated.  Here are some pictures in case you forgot.



Well, last weekend Aaron and I finally picked up some chairs from TJ Maxx as well as a table for our entry way and it's now my favorite room in our house.  I love low-lighting and the lamps make the room so cozy in the evening time.  







The frame hanging on our wall above the couch was a wedding gift from Aaron's siblings and can be found at Picture This in Seneca.  If you've never been to this gem of a store, you need to go!  Their Holiday Open House is the weekend of November 7th-9th and my mom and I are making a trip to check out all of the Christmas decor.  Most of my fall decorations in the pictures are also from there, with the exception of the little pumpkin I made.

Now for my craft project!  I pinned this tutorial some time ago.  Well, since we used mason jars as part of our wedding decor, I had tons of lids left over.  Cue this project!  I bought some orange spray paint, orange yarn and cinnamon sticks and was ready to go.  It was super easy and I used a hot glue gun to make sure the cinnamon sticks stayed in place.  The hardest part was getting the yarn tied tight enough and I had to have Aaron help me out there.



Hope everyone had a great weekend!   We spent ours at the K-State game (the sacrifices I make for my husband), watching the Royals, and carving pumpkins.  Back to reality today!

No comments:

Post a Comment