Friday, October 17, 2014

Blogtober Day 13

A favorite recipe.


I have a list of go-to recipes that are easy, delicious, and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand.  I posted my recipe for spaghetti here and the Pioneer Woman's macaroni and cheese is always a staple, but I have yet to post the recipe for one of my absolute favorite meals.  My grandma used to make this, my mom makes it, and now I make it!  So, without further ado,  here is my recipe for chicken scala!  Sorry I don't have a picture available, but I promise it's delicious!

Chicken Scala

3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts-cut into pieces
2 T flour
1/4 c. margarine
1 can beef consommé
1/2 c. sour cream, plain yogurt, or Greek yogurt
1 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper

Cover chicken evenly with flour.  Melt butter in large skillet and sauté chicken until golden brown (approximately 15 minutes).  Add consommé, simmer 40-45 minutes.  Remove chicken, stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper and simmer 10 minutes longer.  Place chicken and sauce in a dish.  Serve over rice.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment