Thursday, October 16, 2014

Blogtober Day 12

Show us your favorite room in your house



Before I begin with this Blogtober post, I need to give a shout out to the Kansas City Royals.  This is the first time the Royals have made it to the play-offs in my lifetime and last night, they swept the Baltimore Orioles to make it into the World Series and set a record for eight straight games won in the post-season!  It's an exciting time to be a Royals fan!

Back to our regularly schedule programming.  If you don't recall, Aaron and I bought a house in June, completely ripped out all the flooring, scraped ceilings, and repainted every inch of it  before moving in on July 31st.  Check out the before photos here.

It's been a long journey and one that has yet to be completed seeing as we were also finalizing plans for our wedding that took place on August 30th.  Also, Aaron is in the middle of harvest right now, so the house has been put on the back burner for the time being.

That being said, I do have a favorite room and I know once all of the updates are completed it will become even more of a favorite.  Here are a few of the before photos.






My kitchen is hands down my favorite place to be.  Is the layout ideal?  Not really, but it has good open space and lots of room in the cabinets.  I have a window looking out into the backyard and sliding glass doors from the dining room.  We painted it yellow, my favorite color, with a red accent wall in the dining room and I think it turned out pretty fabulously!  Up next on my list of things to do is install a dishwasher, paint the cabinets white and put on new hardware, update countertops and sink, and buy new appliances.  A few of these items are further on down the road, but I know all things take time :).






What do I do with this wall?!

My main problem right now is deciding what to do with the big empty wall.  If you have any suggestions, please comment below!

2 comments:

  1. Wall ideas:

    Get a hutch or a buffet to hold nice dishes and appliances you do not use as often - great way for added storage space:https://www.google.com/search?q=hutch+cabinet&client=firefox-a&hs=SxB&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&biw=1600&bih=1109&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=QwlAVNicEteAygSUzYL4Cg&ved=0CEYQsAQ&dpr=0.8#rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&q=hutch+cabinet&imgdii=_

    Get a "floating island" or kitchen cart which you could push against the wall when not in use but bring out when needing extra counter space: https://www.google.com/search?q=kitchen+cart&client=firefox-a&hs=6fW&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=EgpAVMS3K8P-yQTn8IKYCw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1600&bih=1109&dpr=0.8

    Love the updates so far!!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! Love both of the ideas!

    ReplyDelete