Saturday, December 7, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Stocking Stuffers

"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there."
-Clement Clarke Moore

Growing up, our big gift from Santa was always left unwrapped next to the tree making it the first thing we saw when we ran into the living room.  After admiring our Santa gifts for five, ten, maybe fifteen minutes, we moved on to our stockings.  We didn't have a fireplace in my either of my parent's houses until I was in high school, so our stockings were always hung on a little rack.  It made no difference to me though as I was always more excited to find out what was inside!

This year, Aaron and I decided to do stockings for each other, so I have spent quite a bit of my time coming up with good stocking stuffer ideas for both guys and gals!

1. Essie Nail Polish-My current favorite shades are Ballet Slippers and Mink Muffs.  A few shades that I want to try out include Bobbing for Baubles, Sand Tropez, and Fishnet Stockings.
This is my absolute favorite color, Ballet Slippers!
2. Socks- Whether you get generic white socks or fun, festive socks, you generally cannot go wrong here.  Men generally prefer plain white socks or dress socks,  but I personally really love these and these!

3. Hand Sanitizer- As a nurse, I clean my hands a lot!  At work, we have the generic hand sanitizer, but I prefer the fun scents and it's always good to have on in my pocket for those, shall I say, sticky situations!  I find that Bath and Body Works has the best scents and usually they have pretty good deals too (5 for $5)!
Don't these scents just sound so fun!
4. Lottery Tickets- A while back, my mom and stepdad started putting lottery tickets in our stockings and the tradition stuck.  I'm not a gambler by any means, but the anticipation of whether you will win any money is always fun!

5. Christmas Ornaments- Both my mom and dad have always included ornaments in our stockings and I think it's the perfect stocking stuffer for both guys and gals.  There are tons of ornaments for both genders and it will serve as a memento from the Christmas you received it.
I usually prefer ornaments from local craft shows or small business, but I thought this vintage camper from Pottery Barn would be perfect for my mom and stepdad with their newfound love of camping!
6. Favorite Candy or Snack- My dad is the master of this one!  Last year, I had a giant bag of cherry slices (YUM!) and some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  It's the perfect treat, especially if you don't indulge in it very often.

7. Tech Gadgets- USB drives, car chargers, etc.  They're small and useful!

8. Lotion Bar- There is a bee farm in NE Kansas that makes honey and skin care products.  This past week, a woman I work with brought in a lotion bar from the Koelzer Bee Farm and I loved the way it made my hands feel.  This is the perfect gift for nurses or anyone who has super dry hands.
This is the unscented bar, but they also have a scented one.  It will make your hands feel super soft!
9. Notebooks- I purchased these a few months ago at Target and I love the colors, designs, and quotes.  They are perfect to toss in a purse or bag for when you need to jot down some thoughts.


10. Movie Tickets- Seriously, you cannot go wrong here!  Stick two in whomever's stocking and you have provided them with an instant date night!

I hope you are enjoying your Christmas season and I cannot wait to see what's in my stocking this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment