Friday, December 6, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Favorite Christmas Songs

I love music and I really love Christmas music so this post was especially tough because there are so many great Christmas songs out there.  I'm the type of person who will listen to a song over and over if I love it, which some people find to be my least favorable trait (just ask my college roommates and family). Christmas songs aren't tunes I just listen to during the holiday season either.  If my iPhone decides to play one of them while I have it on shuffle you bet I'm gonna listen and sing right along even if it's 105 degrees outside.  Holiday music makes me happy!  The songs really started playing full force after Halloween this year and they won't stop until after New Year's.  Here are my top ten Christmas songs.

10. Where Are You Christmas? by Faith Hill- When I first saw The Grinch, I fell in love with this song and still love it!

9. When Christmas Comes to Town by Matthew Hall and Megan Moore- This song is from The Polar Express which was one of my top 15 movies and the soundtrack is excellent.

8. Carol of the Bells by John Williams- This is the version from Home Alone but there are so many other renditions of the song.  I absolutely love listening to this!

7. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Michael Buble- I just bought Michael Buble's Christmas CD this year and it is wonderful.  This just happens to be my favorite song on the album.

6. O Come All Ye Faithful- One of my favorite hymns to sing at church during the holiday season.

5. Do They Know It's Christmas? by the Glee Cast- This song was originally written and performed to raise money for the people of Ethiopia and I think the cast of Glee did a great job performing it.

4. The Night Before Christmas by Amy Grant- I can remember playing this song over and over on the CD player in our kitchen when I was seven or eight and I still love listening to it!

3. As Long As There's Christmas from Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas- Now I know you are probably thinking "a song from a Disney move?!" but in my defense this song has a great message about hope and is so much fun to listen to.

2. O Holy Night by Lea Michele- Another song from my Glee Cast Christmas album, but I just love this version and think her voice is spectacular!

1. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland- Y'all should have expected this one seeing as Meet Me In St. Louis was my favorite Christmas movie.  I swear I tear up every single time I hear this song.

Now, you should stop whatever you are doing and listen to all of these; they won't disappoint you.  What are some of your favorite Christmas tunes?  We are off to Kansas City this evening, but I have posts written and lined up to post this weekend so stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Did you have fun in Kansas City? What did you guys do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! We went to Jack Stack Barbecue on Friday night, which is one of my favorite places to eat! Then on Saturday we headed downtown to do a tour of the Boulevard Brewery, some Christmas shopping, then headed to the Plaza that evening to see the lights and eat at Fogo de Chao. The food there was to die for! Love reading your blog to get restaurant ideas by the way! :)

      Delete