Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Bridal Fair & Pinterest Outfit #1

This past Saturday, my mom, future mother-in-law, and I made our way to Topeka for the Bridal Fair.  There were SOOOO many people there and here's a fun fact about me: I do not like crowds in any way, shape, or form.  In fact, when I went to KU football games in college, I would opt to sit with my parents because the fans were more spread out and sitting down versus packed like sardines and standing up in the stands. Concerts still make me somewhat uncomfortable, but I always feel better when I am sitting.  Well, I felt like a sardine packed in a very tiny can at the bridal fair.  On the bright side, I did get a lot of information from various vendors and during the fashion show there was the most adorable little boy modeling ring bearer outfits and he was a ham!  However, I can honestly say I am not sad that I will never have to attend a bridal fair ever again.

Our little outing did give me a chance to try out my first Pinterest inspired outfit (#39 on my 101 things in 1001 days list) though and I loved it!  I always struggled with what to wear under my blue blazer and when I came across this photo of Duchess Kate, I loved the idea of a grey sweater underneath for both the look and the warmth.
Pinterest photo on the left and me on the right.  Blazer-Gap (similar here), Grey sweater-Gap (last season), White tank-J.Crew, Jeans-Gap (similar here), Boots-Lucky Brand, Watch-Fossil (very old), Bracelet-Kate Spade

After the bridal fair, my mom and I made a quick trip to visit my new puppy cousin, Stella.  My aunt and uncle recently adopted two Boston puppies and oh my goodness I wanted to put her in my purse and take her home with me!  Her brother Benny was at a play date when we stopped by, so I haven't met him yet, but Stella was precious.
Sweet Stella
She fell asleep on my lap and isn't she precious!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment