Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October

Found on Pinterest here

October is my favorite month.  It doesn't consist of any birthdays, anniversaries, or gift-giving holidays for me but it is a part of autumn.  It is full of beautiful colors and scrumptious foods.  It is the tenth month and ten is my favorite number.  It means Christmas is just around the corner (I need to do my shopping!).  It means cool nights, warm fires, jeans and sweatshirts.  It means dressing up as goblins or witches and going trick-or-treating.  It means a bowl full of candy corn while watching Hocus Pocus.  There is nothing I do not love about this month.  I leave you with this poem by Bobbi Katz.

October

October is
when night guzzles up
the orange sherbet sunset
and sends the day
to bed
before supper.

-Bobbi Katz


No comments:

Post a Comment