Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday Wedding Update

I'm starting something new to facilitate my writing for this here blog.  I know I have very few readers, but my intention is to keep the few I have around by coming up with interesting writing topics.  Today I introduce you to the "Wednesday Wedding Update."  I know you are just living my nice alliteration there :).  Anyways, since my blog centers around my life and my upcoming nuptials are currently a large part of my life, I figured I would keep you all in the loop about the planning that is going on.

The weekend we got engaged, I was ready to get going and those first few weeks I think I was more productive than I was while I was in nursing school.  We created our very exclusive guest list (kidding, of course-but you should feel privileged if you get an invitation), we nailed down a date, and the location of our ceremony.  The week after we got engaged, I researched all sorts of venues for the reception and by the end of August, we had our reception venue booked.  While attending one of Aaron's cousin's weddings this summer, we came across a DJ that we both really enjoyed so we got that booked as well.

At this moment in time, I know there is still a lot to get done but I am kind of in a lull.  I need to get back in the swing of things, so I have made a list of what I still need to accomplish.

To Do:

  • Food-this has proven to be the single most difficult task and I still have not comprehended how expensive it is going to be
  • Save-the-dates, invitations, programs
  • Cake
  • Honeymoon
  • Bridesmaid dresses/shoes
  • Flower girl dress
  • Tuxes
  • Ring bearer outfits
  • Decorations
  • Alcohol
  • Much, much more
It's quite extensive but, thankfully, we still have plenty of time to plan.  That being said, I have heard from some very credible sources that the planning time flies.  In a few weeks we have our engagement photo session and I cannot wait to share those with you.  Stay tuned to hear about our progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment