Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin Pumpkin Pumpkin

I love pumpkin!  In fact, I may have a mild obsession with pumpkin.  While reading one of the many blogs I follow earlier this week, I stumbled upon a recipe for pumpkin bread with cinnamon streusel topping.  It sounded heavenly and, let me tell you, it was.  Here is a link to the blog post I read and here is the link to the recipe.  I left out the pepitas because I honestly had no clue what they were.  It said you could substitute pecans or walnuts for the pepitas, but, quite frankly, I am not a fan of nuts in my food.  The bread was still delectable don't worry.
Thankfully, I had all of the ingredients on hand.  Thanks mom for stocking up on pumpkin!

I love the beautiful orange color of pumpkin.  It just makes me smile.

Holy yummy goodness!  I had two piece of this stuff and I don't regret it one bit.
While it was baking, I decided to sit back, relax, and escape into my current piece of literature, The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.  I had read A Thousand Splendid Suns a month or so ago and loved it.  The writing style is superb and both stories provide an excellent insight into life in Afghanistan.  I encourage you all to pick up a copy.  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment