Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Season of Beginning

"Aprils have never meant much to me, autumns seem that season of beginning, spring."
-Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's

I love autumn and while I know it has yet to officially arrive, in my mind it is here.  The smells, the colors, the food, the festivals, the football-I love it all!  To me autumn means:
  • Pumpkin-pumpkin donuts, pumpkin candles, pumpkin lotion, pumpkin carving, pumpkin anything
  • Jeans, sweaters, and boots
  • Corn mazes
  • Crisp air that leaves your cheeks with that just flushed look
  • Football games and tailgating-Rock Chalk Jayhawk! 
  • New school supplies-something I don't get to do anymore and it makes me quite sad
  • Fall festivals
  • Warm drinks and bonfires
  • Apple cider and caramel apples
  • And best of all, October (my favorite month) and Christmas (my favorite holiday) are just around the corner
Here is a list of things I hope to do this autumn:
  • Carve a pumpkin
  • Go to the corn maze
  • Tailgate for a football game
  • Drink lots of cider and maybe visit the Louisburg Cider Mill
  • Go to Cider Days, the Apple Festival, and the Maple Leaf Festival
  • Bake my sweet friend Molly's Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (yummy!)
And lastly, a look back at past autumn festivities.  Enjoy!

The beautiful colors of the leaves.

Pumpkin carving--mine is on the left and the mister's is on the right.

Apple nachos I made for a pumpkin carving party in college.  They were tasty!

Some of my lovely friends and I at the corn maze :)

My youngest brother and I at a KU football game 5 years ago (I absolutely cannot believe this picture was that long ago!)

The wonderfully delightful autumn scents I stocked up on at Bath and Body Works.  I also got a candle.


No comments:

Post a Comment