Thursday, April 24, 2014

Quarter of a Century

Today I turn 25 years old.  

Today my car insurance goes down.   

Today I look back on being 24 years old and think of everything I accomplished.  

Today I will eat my favorite dessert with some of my favorite people.

Today I look forward to what is to come.

While I was 24, I graduated from nursing school, accepted my first full time position as a registered nurse, got engaged, started a blog, and became an adjunct nursing instructor.

At the age of 25, I will marry the man of my dreams, travel to Europe for the first time, possibly buy a house, possibly buy a new car, and hopefully continue teaching.

I am so thankful for all of the opportunities I have had and will continue to have.  Here is a look back at my younger years.
Little me with my wonderful parents.
My younger sister, Rachel, and I.
Reading with grandma.
Hanging out with the neighbor kid who is still a great friend.
Exploring with Rachel.
Building houses while on a camping trip.
At the Walnut Valley Bluegrass Festival in Winfield, KS.
My 18th birthday.
High school graduation with grandma and grandpa.
With my sisters in Washington, D.C.
One of my favorite pictures at Tablerock Lake.
My future husband and I at a Royals game.

Happy birthday to me!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was a walk down memory lane......made me teary eyed, but what doesn't right? I do have to say that I'm glad big hairdo days have passed. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete