Friday, April 18, 2014

5 on Friday

It's that time of the week and thank goodness for that!  I'm off this weekend and I could not be more excited. So, here's my 5 on Friday for this week.

1. Tomorrow, Aaron and I will be traveling south to my dad and stepmom's for our April birthdays and Easter celebration as well as family pictures.  My brother, stepmom, and I all have birthdays in April so it gives everyone a good excuse for a family get together.  On Sunday, we will be venturing north to celebrate Easter with Aaron's family.  If you missed my post on our Easter decorations, check it out here.


2. I'm currently reading I am Malala (one of the books on my 2014 Reading List and from Bon's Book Club) and it provides a much different point of view on the war in the middle East.  This girl showed strength and stood up for what she believed in and it resulted in her being shot by the Taliban.  It's a very inspiring story and easy read.  Check out my book review on the last book I read here.


3.  Aaron and I had a movie night last evening complete with pizza and Saving Mr. Banks.  I love the movie Mary Poppins and Saving Mr. Banks tells the story of how it was brought to the film screen by working with author, P.L. Travers.  It was an excellent movie!


4.  My birthday week begins on Sunday!  Only 6 more days left before I turn the big 25 or, as I have been referring to it, my quarter of a century birthday.  Be prepared for some crazy throwback photos next week. Here's a sneak peek for you!
My younger sister, Rachel, and I before my dance class.


5. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous Easter!  Below is a video of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing my favorite Easter hymn.



No comments:

Post a Comment