Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What I Read Last Month

This past month was super chaotic with finishing remodeling the interior of our new house then packing and moving all of our stuff.  However, I did manage to get a few books read.  One of them was on my 2014 Reading List and was the July book choice for Bon's Book Club.  The other two I read because I was so intrigued after reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner in June that I had to know what happened!
 
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
The second novel in The Maze Runner series, I found this book to be as intriguing as the first and obviously could not wait to find out what happened seeing as I jumped right into the conclusion to the trilogy.
 
The Death Cure by James Dashner
The conclusion left me with many questions that I'm sure will never be answered, but I enjoyed it just the same.  The whole series was a very quick read and I'm so excited for the movie to come out.  Also, I discovered he wrote a prequel to the trilogy titled The Kill Order and I am curious as to what it's all about.  If you've read it, did you enjoy it?  Did it answer any lingering questions you had?
 
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
 
This was the July book choice for Bon's Book Club and I was so excited to read it!  I had started it ages ago in high school but never finished and I'm so glad I finally picked it up again.  For those of you who don't know, In Cold Blood tells the story of the Clutter family murders in Holcomb, KS.  Capote spent hours with the two convicted killers and then wrote a novel detailing their crimes and what happened after.  His writing style is superb and his attention to detail really draws you in.  I highly recommend it!
 
Only a few more months left to finish by 2014 Reading List!  I'm currently reading Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan and it is right up my alley!  Having a psychology degree and having worked on various psychiatric units, I find it extremely fascinating.
 
What did you read last month?



No comments:

Post a Comment