Wednesday, June 18, 2014

WIWW and a Wednesday Wedding Update

Boy do I have so much to share with y'all!  Some exciting things are happening over here and I promise I will let you know what they are soon.  In the meantime, here's a look at what I wore this past weekend and an update on our wedding plans.

Saturday was spent running errands, going to my brother's baseball game (it was so windy that we left early because we were literally caked with dust-gross!), and having dinner with some friends.  It was a beautiful day outside and I took the opportunity to wear my new scarf!
Shirt from Gap (similar here), shorts Levi's (couldn't find any similar), scarf here, earrings here.

I love this scarf!  I first saw it on Pinterest Told Me To and knew it would be the perfect accessory to take on our honeymoon to add an extra layer.

Sunday was more relaxing.  We went down to Topeka to having lunch with my dad for Father's Day, played a game of Cranium (the gals beat the guys!), and then came home to work on a few projects.

Our ceremony is at the church Aaron grew up in and it is literally in the middle of nowhere.  Seeing as most of my family and friends are not from the area, I decided we should put out signs where people needed to turn.  I really wanted to stick with the rustic theme and then Aaron and I came across this old wood and it was perfect!  I bought some paint from Hobby Lobby and got to work painting.  This piece will be cut in half to make two separate signs and then there will be arrows as well.

Our invitations arrived in the mail a few days ago and I am so pleased!  Throughout this whole wedding planning process, I have discovered Etsy to be the perfect place for ideas and products.  I knew I wanted chalkboard invitations but hadn't found anything I loved.  Then I came across LaneLoveDesign.  She designed our invitations, printed them, and had them to us in one week!  Our programs will definitely be coming from her Etsy shop as well!

I linked up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.  Happy hump day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah! I noticed some traffic from your site to mine, so I just wanted to give a quick Thank you for mentioning my shop! : ] <3 Katie from Lanelovedesign

    ReplyDelete