Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday Wedding Update

We have a bridal party!  Everyone has been asked, with the exception of a few groomsmen and ushers. About a month ago, we bought Aaron's niece and nephews little presents and asked them to be our flower girl and ring bearers.  Thankfully, they agreed!  Aaron is almost finished asking his groomsmen and ushers and I am done asking my bridesmaids so a check mark can be added to my list!


When trying to come up with a neat way to ask my bridesmaids to be in the wedding, I sat on Pinterest for hours and googled unique ideas without any luck.  Then one day the idea just came to me!  I had a Shutterfly coupon and I knew they made puzzles out of pictures and I LOVE puzzles.  So, I grabbed my Scrabble tiles (I also LOVE Scrabble) and ventured out to my parent's backyard to find the perfect background for my question.  I found a brown-eyed Susan, which looked enough like a sunflower, so I used it as well.  Below is the result!
Here is the original picture I took.  I used my engagement ring as the "o" in "you."
I also made one for my maid of honor!
I apologize for my poor photography skills, but here is the puzzle put together!

Once the puzzles arrived in the mail, I gathered the supplies to wrap them.  The picture of the puzzle was on the lid of the box, so I knew I needed to cover it because the ideas was they had to put together the puzzle to see the mesage.  I bought some brown paper, jute, tags, and sunflower stickers and voila!


The final product!
I was so happy they all said yes!  Once I was finished asking everyone, I realized I should have timed each of them to see who took the longest!

There is still a lot to get done, but we're getting there.  A couple of weeks ago, I went with my future mother-in-law a to try cake flavors at a bakery in Seneca, Kansas called The Miller's Daughter.  We are going with multiple cupcake flavors and they were all so delicious!  We also got our engagement pictures done and we're just waiting on the disc!  In the meantime, here is a link if you would like to look at them.  The photographer is a family friend and I would recommend him to anyone!

Happy Turkey Day tomorrow!  I've got the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade set to record, mini pumpkin pies in the oven, and my Thanksgiving scrub top ready to wear tomorrow at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment