Monday, December 23, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Christmas Celebrations

As I said yesterday, we had three Christmases this weekend.  While I love the holidays and celebrating with family, I think both of us were worn out by Sunday evening.  The good news is now I can share with you what we gave as gifts to my family and what we got this year!

Most everyone in my family is easy to buy for with the exception of my dad and brothers.  For some reason I have always had a hard time shopping for them.  My dad generally buys everything he wants/needs and my brothers don't want for much which makes gift shopping particularly difficult.  One day in November while shopping with my mom I came across this puzzle at a Hallmark store and loved it.  Since my dad is in law enforcement, he collects police items.  I think I have given him ornaments, a cookie jar, and many other police items over the years.
Here is the picture on the puzzle I got for my dad.  Turns out it's the exact same picture that is on the coasters they have in their living room and I didn't even notice!

As for my brothers, for the oldest (he's 22) I opted for KU ornaments for his Christmas tree and for the youngest (he's 14) I opted for some Under Armour sweatpants since that is all he seems to wear these days. My stepdad got a new coffee maker because he was desperately in need of a new one.

Now, the ladies in my family are much easier to buy for.  My mom will be happy with just about anything, but this year she has decided she will never buy any other candle besides the Leaves scent from Bath and Body Works.  So, I got online and ordered two large candles and three mini candles in the Leaves scent (using a coupon of course!).    The oldest of my two younger sisters (she's 20) loves flannel pajamas and mustaches and I had seen these pajamas on Pinterest Told Me To and knew she would love them!  My other sister (she's 19) wanted infinity scarves which was super easy and I ended up finding a cute coral colored one and then a blue patterned one.  Lastly, I ended up making my stepmom a wreath similar to the one I had made for our front door earlier this year.

We both also got quite a few things that were on our list this year plus some.  Here's a photo of a few of the things I got this year.  I can't wait to start reading the Divergent series and the scarf was a handmade gift from my youngest sister.  Another Bath and Body Works candle to make our house smell spectacular and a puzzle to do on those lazy days.  I also got the Pioneer Woman cookbook I had on my list and a few movies including Hocus Pocus so I can watch it on Halloween next year!  I can't wait to listen to my new Celine Dion CD either.
EEK!  I'm so excited!  Also, check out the peach gummi candy (I told you my dad always fills stockings with fun snacks)!


Ornaments are also something I look forward to receiving every year and this year Aaron got two and I got two.  There's a tradition with the pickle ornament that you can read up on here.

We had a wonderful time celebrating Christmas with my side of the family and still have Christmas with Aaron's family and our own little Christmas!  Two days people!
It was snowing again this morning and I couldn't help taking this picture :)

Have you celebrated Christmas yet?  What did you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment