Wednesday, December 4, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Christmas Crafts

I have a few craft ideas up my sleeve for this holiday season.  Currently, I'm working on our tree skirt and it is nearly finished (blog post on it later).  However, for the time being, I thought I would share with you the wreath I made a few weeks ago.  I didn't take before or during pictures and I sincerely apologize for that, but I can give you a list of the supplies and an after photo!

Supplies:

  • 4 inch wide burlap ribbon (approximately 45 feet)
  • 12 inch wreath frame
  • Bow
  • Jingle bells or decor of your choice
  • Hot glue gun/glue sticks
To get started, I tied one end of the burlap ribbon to the wreath frame.  I then just began pulling loops through the holes in the wreath frame going from the inside ring to the middle ring to the outside ring back to the middle ring and then repeating.  Your loops can be as large or small as you would like.  In between loops, I found it held better if you twisted the ribbon.  This ensures you aren't making one of your previously made loops smaller as you make a new one.

Once you get all the way around, you can tie the other end to the frame as well or use your hot glue gun.  I did both just to make sure it stayed.  Then I grabbed my bow and glued it to the ribbon and then glued my jingle bells as well.

I'm sure there are many ways to go about getting the loops correct and you can always use wider ribbon, but I just kind of went for it and it turned out just how I wanted!
This has been hanging on our front door since mid-November.  I like to get in the spirit early!
Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment