Monday, November 17, 2014

Wedding Vendors

I'm working on a wedding post for everyone to see (it will actually be in installments), but until then I thought I would leave you with a list of the wedding vendors we used.  We could not have been more pleased with how smoothly our big day went and I give a lot of that credit to our vendors.

Reception Location
Our wedding reception was held at Heritage Hall in Topeka, just north of the Expocentre.  It was reasonably priced and I fell in love with the sunflower stained glass and stone walls.  It went with our country theme perfectly.  Plus, everyone we worked with there was great!

Food
After countless hours spent searching for the perfect caterer, we found Sweet Dreams Catering.  I cannot begin to tell you how many compliments we received on the food and I have to agree.  Ginny is great to work with and even took the time to put together two gluten-free plates for my grandpa and one of my best friends.  Plus, she knows what she's doing when it comes to setting up a reception.  I highly recommend her and her smothered pork chops :).

Photography
We were fortunate enough to have two of my dad's close friends, who happen to own photography businesses, photograph both our engagement photos and our wedding/reception.  They both do excellent jobs and I'm so excited to get prints of all of the fabulous moments they captured!  Check out Timekeepers Photography and Studio 66.

Flowers
Chinell's is the way to go in Topeka!  Our bouquets were beautiful and she helped make our reception hall even more fabulous with burlap table runners and small bouquets of sunflowers in our mason jars.


DJ
After attending the wedding of a cousin of Aaron's last year, we knew we had to go with Complete.  I had never had more fun at a wedding reception.  It was very interactive!  Our DJ wasn't near as exciting as we had hoped but, in his defense, I think his preceptor took over because we were on the same page in terms of music prior to the reception and during was a whole different ballgame.  It was still a great time though!

Cake
The local bakery in Seneca, KS has fabulous cakes and they supplied us with a beautiful wedding cake and seven different cupcake flavors for our guests.  Unfortunately, neither one of us tried any of the cupcakes because we were too busy mingling, but our cake was delicious!



Popcorn
I wanted to do something fun at the reception, and I opted for a popcorn bar.  Aaron and I sat down and chose which flavors of Cashmere popcorn we each wanted and we were ready to go.  We chose blueberry cheesecake, caramel crunch, cinnamon, and cheesy cheddar.  We received so many compliments on the idea and hardly had any popcorn leftover.  I highly recommend this idea and choosing Cashmere!

Paper Goods
Our invitations, RSVP cards, programs, and thank you cards were all designed by Katie Lane from LaneLoveDesign.  I found her invitations on Etsy and she was so great to work with and I loved her products so I asked if she would mind designing our programs and thank you cards.  She did a fantastic job!

Dress
My dress came from Bridal Extraordinaire and the alterations were done by Tae at Bridal Design and More.  I would recommend both!  The consultant at Bridal Extraordinaire picked out multiple dresses for me to try on with the first one being my dream dress.  As for Tae, she is a magic worker!


Stay tuned for posts all about our big day!




No comments:

Post a Comment