Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What I Read Last Month

Here are the books I read during the month of June.  Three of them are on my 2014 Reading List and the other one I just decided to read in my (not so) spare time.
 
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
 
I recently went to see The Fault in Our Stars with one of my good friends and saw the preview for this movie.  I had heard about this series numerous times and decided it was time to bite the bullet and read it.  I knew I wanted to see the movie and I'm one of those "I have to read the book before I see the movie" snobs.  Anyways, I loved the book.  It was a super easy read and it kept me on the edge of my seat.  I'm currently reading the second book in the trilogy, The Scorch Trials.

Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls
 
I know I have said this before, but I absolutely love Jeannette Walls' books.  Her writing captivates you and makes you want to read the book beginning to end without any breaks.  She is a brilliant writer and Half Broke Horses was just as good as her other novels.  It's the story of her grandmother's life from the time she was a little girl until her death and man oh man was she an adventurous woman!  Five stars again to this Jeannette Walls masterpiece!

Matilda by Roald Dahl
 
This book was the June book for Bon's Book Club and I finished it in a three hour time period.  I never read it as a young girl (one of the few times I have seen the movie before reading the book) but it was such a cute little story.

If I Stay by Gayle Forman
 
I read this book the same day I finished Matilda and had it done in that same day as well.  I saw the preview for this movie when I went to see The Fault in Our Stars as well and it looks so good.  However, I was not as impressed with the book as I had hoped to be.  It was good, but not spectacular. 
 
There you have it!  Up next on my list is In Cold Blood.




No comments:

Post a Comment