Monday, June 1, 2015

Our Big Day Part IV: Reception

I was going through my blog posts and realized I completely forgot to do a post on our wedding reception.   Nine months into our marriage and here you go!

Our reception was held at Heritage Hall in Topeka and it had just the feel I was looking for.  I loved the exposed stone and the windows, especially the sunflower stained glass.



While guests were waiting for us to arrive, there was music and a popcorn bar set up for snacking purposes.  When we arrived, we dove into the delicious food before playing a super fun game!


Aaron and I called out different couples and they had to kiss and then we reenacted the kiss. All of our friends and family members were super creative and it made the game that much more fun!
 
My mom and stepdad started the game off very creatively!



My sister and her boyfriend decided to challenge us a bit!



This picture was taken right as the cup cracked and the drink spilled all over Aaron and the floor.
After our game, we did the toasts and cake cutting before having our first dance and the father/daughter and mother/son dances.  The night went by so quickly and was so much fun!  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.









Rather than a dollar dance, we had a little competition between KU and KSU since we have a divided household.  The winner of the competition had their fight song played during our reception.  Sadly, KSU won.

My fabulous Alpha Chi sisters!

Catching the bouquet worked for this lovely lady and she's getting married this month!

Our nephew was pretty excited he caught the garter!


That concludes the posts all about our big day.  We had a wonderful wedding and reception and cannot thank our family and friends enough for such a great and memorable night!

No comments:

Post a Comment