Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Eric Church & The King of Country

Saturday afternoon, we made our way to Kansas city with my mom and stepdad for the George Strait concert.  Early in October, I got online and waited in a virtual waiting room for I don't even know how long to purchase four tickets to this concert and it was beyond worth it!  Aaron had told me one time that the one person he wanted to see in concert was George Strait and I was so happy that I was able to give him tickets to this concert for Christmas.  Ryan, my stepdad, is also a huge George Strait fan, so my mom got tickets for the two of them as well and we all had a blast.
This was Aaron opening up his Christmas present with the concert tickets.  He was pretty surprised :)

I made reservations at Gordon Biersch for an early dinner and boy was it yummy!  I had the shrimp and lobster tacos and they were to die for.  I only wish I would have been able to take what I couldn't finish eating home with me.

Yum yum yum!

It was a little chilly Saturday evening so, after stopping by McFadden's to say hello to some friends, we made our way over to the Sprint Center to head inside and people watch.


Eric Church kicked off the concert and he was amazing.  This was my third time seeing him in concert and this time he opted to forgo his band and it was just him and his guitar.  It was incredible!  I cannot wait for his new album to come out.
Eric Church performing.  Just a man and his guitar.

Then at 9:00, the king of country himself graced the stage and he ended up playing for over two hours.  I didn't recognize all of the songs, but Aaron and Ryan were singing along almost the entire time.  It was an amazing night!


No comments:

Post a Comment