Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Countdown to Christmas

As I write this post, there are 35 days, 10 hours, 40 minutes, and 10..9..8..7 seconds until Christmas! Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday and I cannot believe it is just around the corner.  I got my decorations out yesterday and while they are minimal (due to us just starting out on our own) they make our little home seem more cheerful and festive.   While decorating I alternated listening to my Michael Buble Christmas CD and my Frank Sinatra Christmas CD while burning my Pumpkin Apple and Spice scented candles from Bath and Body Works (I truly believe their candles smell the best!).  It was a wonderful afternoon.

As for my shopping, I am no where near finished and it's making me a little anxious.  I have a few gifts purchased and a lot of packages on the way, but there are many names on my list that I have not been able to put a little check mark next to yet.  I have, however, completed a list of a few things I wouldn't mind receiving for Christmas.  Some of these ideas are specific to me, but others may be something you want to add to your list!

My Christmas List

1. This handbag!  I love the color and the look of it and I love Fossil products because they are good quality and generally not near as pricey as other brands.

2. Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette-I have a few friends who have this and I think it has the perfect selection of neutral shades!
3. The Pioneer Woman's A Year of Holidays Cookbook-I think nearly every recipe I have made for dinner in our new house has been a Pioneer Woman recipe.  I have both of her other cookbooks and love them!

4. Hue Ultra Wide Waist Band Leggings-If you don't read pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.com you need to start RIGHT NOW!  I don't know the author personally but she is hilarious and keeps you up to date on the latest sales and amazing products.  Anyways, she recommends this leggings and I love a good pair of leggings to lounge around in!

5. Victoria's Secret Dreamer Flannel Pajamas-Ladies and gentlemen they come in tall sizes!  For those of us with long legs this is a dream come true.   Plus, I think they're cute and I love all the fun patterns but the one below is my favorite!

6.  Bath and Body Works Candles-They smell delicious!  I think my favorite scents are Pumpkin Apple, Spice, and Leaves but I just saw Cinnamon Caramel Swirl online and I'm sure it is divine as well!  Also, they frequently have them for 2/$22-bargain!
7. Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant by Veronica Roth- A few of my friends have read this series and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.  I love me a good book series!

8. Real Simple Magazine Subscription- This magazine makes me happy.  You should read it!

9. Thomas Kinkade Disney Dreams Beauty and the Beast Puzzle-This combines two of my favorite things: Beauty and the Beast and puzzles.  I would love whoever bought me this forever and ever and ever!

10. Celine Dion's new CD-I'll get this little known fact about myself out there.  I am a huge Celine Dion fan.  I desperately want to go to Vegas to see her show!  In the meantime, I will sit in my house and blast her music through my speakers.

I love Christmas!  Starting in December, I plan on having 25 Days of Christmas posts sharing my Christmas favorites, gift ideas, crafts, food, and who knows what else.   I CAN'T WAIT!

P.S.-For those of you rolling your eyes and saying "it's not even Thanksgiving yet,"  I say to you I don't give a hoot!  I love Christmas and I am going to make it as long as I possibly can.  That is all.

1 comment:

  1. First, this is such a Sarah post. - I love it.

    Second, love that bag. Obsessed.

    Third, I have a Real Simple Subscription and it is the highlight of my month when it arrives.

    Fourth, I also have read the first two Divergent series books, they are amaze. Haven't gotten to the third yet but super excited about it.

    Fifth, The Naked Palette is seriously the best eye shadow ever. I've used it for 2 years now and haven't gotten through all of it yet and I wear it every single day. The combos are beautiful.

    And finally, I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season, I know how much the holidays and family means to you.

    I hope to see you soon!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete